Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In The Beginning....

For the past few months, it has been on my heart to follow through with a few things that I have failed to finish (or even start.) My dear husband has been encouraging me with gentle reminders to efficiently:

journal our days~ making notes of sweet or comical quips from our girls, lessons learned in The Word, the garden or our kitchen

&

connect with other women~sharing the joys and struggles of the lesson learned above, being purposeful to note all the different ways the Lord is revealing Himself to me

So, while a blog may not be the most effective medium to communicate with...I think it may be the most efficient. The writings to come may not be consistent in frequency or topic but Lord willing, they will be evidences that in my "calling to be a mother, entrusted with the holy task of cooperating with God in shaping the destinies of for now, two little people, that I knew it was too heavy a burden to carry alone. And that I did not try. That I went to Him whose name is Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father. And that I asked His help."
(italics are modifications of the original quote by Elisabeth Elliot)

4 comments:

  1. Your Dad also thinks you ARE GREAT and loves you very much....I am proud you have asked of His help and are proceding to do His bidding....Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Karli! I look forward to reading about the "going-ons" in the Stobie House.

    Much love,
    Aeja

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable and will be fun to read. I can't wait to see all that comes of this. I agree with Joel that this will be an amazing outlet to look back on and laugh and reminder of what you've learned!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails