Monday, June 13, 2011

When Life Interrupts Living

A month has once again elapsed without so much as a finger-tap on these keys and what a whirlwind this month has been.  While most our days, weeks, and months are spent seeing God inside the rooms of our home, in a fenced-in-yard, in the laundry, in the dishes, in snuggles on the couch, in routine, the past few weeks have had us finding Him far beyond these walls.






Ta-Da!!

Breathtaking, awe-inspiring, simply amazing.

We're settling back in, finding Him once again in the little, remembering just how the heaven's declare the glory of God and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. And, I'm praying that I can be just as inspired by His grace in the mountain of laundry I'm about to tackle as I have been by seeing all He created for His good pleasure.

We are grateful.  

But in the words of Ann Voskamp:
The counting of all blessings is ultimately summed up in One.  

All gratitude is ultimately gratitude for Christ, all remembering a remembrance of Him. For in Him all things were created, are sustained, have their being.  Thus Christ is all there is to give thanks for; Christ is all there is to remember...the radical wonder of it all stuns me happy, hushes me still: it's all Christ. Every moment, every event, every happening...

Christ.

And I give thanks that it isn't me finding Him, but He who found me.






*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails