Friday, August 12, 2011

rest

At the end of a long day, a long week, in the midst of what seems so long a season we now call it a stage, I read these words last night...
Christ says ‘Come, and I will give you rest.’ I will not show you rest, nor merely tell you of rest, but I will give you rest. Jesus has the greatest power to give it, the greatest will to give it, and the greatest right to give it. Rest is the most desirable good, the most suitable good, and to you the greatest good. Christ gives peace with God, and peace with conscience. He will turn your storms into an everlasting calm, and will give such rest that the world cannot take from you.”
- Thomas Brooks

We're leaving our little zoo home today to a place where we can unplug, unwind and Lord willing, laugh and play and be given Rest.  For rest is not a location or a season but a loving Father that gives an everlasting calm regardless of where we physically reside.  But this week we take time to slip away and find Him be found.





Photos from our last venture to Priest Lake make my heart quicken with anticipation...

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~Matthew 11:28-30

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails