Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And the One who crushed him, He’s right here in this room.

One of the posts in my reader today brought tears to my eyes and I had to share it (just click on the title of this post.) Too often when Addy awakes in the night I run to her bed with sole mission of getting her to stop crying so she doesn't wake Anna.

I was convicted and reminded today that for these little ones we have been entrusted with, we are called to do battle. Fellow mamas, when the midnight cry comes, remember that is not only lost binkies or thirst that startles our children awake; it is probably more often than we'd like to think, the monster underneath the bed.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. ..praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.
Ephesians 6:10-13, 18-20

I was reminded that in every circumstance we are called to "proclaim the mystery of the gospel." May we take every opportunity to remind our children that "the One who crushed him, He’s right here in this room." And with that fact alone comes sweet dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails